MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

How do I put a picture as my signature?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up How do I put a picture as my signature?

Having a picture in your signature is a great way to show pride in your ride. So how do you do it?

There's two methods.

Method One:

Many thanks to ChevySSGirl (Jamie Lynn) for being the first one to figure it out. Here's what she originally posted in another thread:

Originally posted by: ChevySSGirl

ok here is what i did (i have the User CP page open in another tab so i can tell you exactly...)

*go into the User CP and click on Edit signature
*underneath the "Edit Signature" box is a new box as of today that says "Signature Picture". there are two options here, you can link to the photo directly from a website (says "Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website") and there is a box underneath to enter the URL. OR (what I did) you can do option 2, upload image from your computer. this is what I did, since I have the image saved on my hard drive. there is a "browse" button, you find your pic and underneath there is an upload button.
*i then clicked on preview signature, although it still didn't seem to work. the photo itself uploaded in the "signature picture" box, but in the signature preview section, it still just showed the link i originally had to my photobucket picture. NEXT TO the photo itself, there is a link that you can click that says "Insert Signature Picture". I clicked on this and in the box above, it put [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC] in the text box (where you type the stuff under your signature).
*so what I did was just remove the [IMG] and [/IMG] from the link to the photobucket image, and replaced those with the [SIGPIC] ones.
*then clicked on preview signature and voila, there it was.

i hope this helps, it does specify the size that your photo has to adhere to (Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 250 pixels or 9.54 MB (whichever is smaller). mine is 533 x 400, but it is only 376 kb. so as long as it falls under one of those two you should be able to do it.

good luck guys!!!

edit - i don't know if you have to maybe upload your pic first from your hard drive and THEN it'll show the photo underneath your "edit signature" option. that's just how i did it. you can always try to just use the [SIGPIC] options before and after your link to your photobucket image.
I've noticed that the picture needs to be uploaded first. Even if you're using a picture from photobucket.com (or what ever other photohosting site you're using.)

Method Two:

You can also use the standard imaging code [IMG]link to your pic here[/IMG]. This is probably the easiest method.

Please note that some popular websites no longer allow you to link your pics to another website. Cardomain, for example, no longer allows you to link your pics to other websites. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. You'll simply have to upload the pic from your computer, or use another photo hosting site.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:04 AM

How about posting a pic in a thread. I havent tried it yet, but would standard image codes work?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes, they should.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

to me its alot easier if i copy the direct URL to the image ( Either from photobucket or the address bar ) and click on the INSERT IMAGE button and just paste it there and hit ENTER.